Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Recording speed

2111 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2014-05-24 03:15:00

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware
    2014-05-18 07:40:39
    Hello Autel support,

while recording live ECU data I found some disturbing issues in the amount of recorded data.

I recorded exactly 10 seconds with a variable amount of parameter form the ECU.
    SD is a 32GB class 10 card. But similar issue was also seen with the original 4 GB card.

When I record only one parameter I get 70 records in 10 seconds, so about 7 records per second.
    When I record up to 10 parameter I get about 10 records in 10 seconds, so one record per second.
    When I record more, I used 22 parameters, I get about 5 records in 10 seconds, so 1 record every second second.

Getting less than 1 record per second is a problem in diagnostics an to about 10 parameters are not unusual so find the problem.
    Also a variable speed with no indication leads to trouble to find the correct time of the issue.

Can you please bring some light into this issue ?
    Is it possible to enhance the software so that we get always 1 record per second, regardless of the amount of parameters selected ?

Thanks
    Peter

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware
    2014-05-24 03:15:00 (Reply to:fware)
     Here the answer from the suppot I got via email.

Actually, the recording time is based on the data stream. More data stream, more recording time. Thus the recording speed will be slower when more parameters are checked and more data steam is passing through.

Sorry that we cannot make DS708 to get always 1 record per second regardless of the amount of parameters now.

Best regards.

Autel Support

Total1 Pages